Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Felted Wool

Back a few months ago I attended a "felted wool" class taught by the ever-so-talented Cheryl Hitchcock. The class fee was to raise money for Cheryl's relay for life team. We had a wonderful time while she taught us the basics of felted wool. I started making this purse but never finished it after the class. Tonight I decided to complete it so I could put the bag of supplies away without feeling guilty. I used a wool sweater purchased at Goodwill ($3) and the red flowers are made from a wool blazer purchased at the Senior Citizens Center thrift store($1.50). Pretty cool for a first effort. Next I want to try something using the wool roving. More on that later.I suppose I will have to put the purse away until next fall before carrying it. It is spring you know! But...I'll be prepared when the weather is right ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I love your bag! I'm not sure why but I am totally intimidated by felting!

    ReplyDelete